For questions not covered by this page, please use the Google+ community for slowmoVideo.
If building does not work, here are two points to check:
- Did you install all listed dependencies? Is CMake maybe complaining about something missing?
- Does CMake complain about a missing component although you installed it in the meantime? CMake uses a cache which sometimes does not get updated. Clear the whole build directory and run cmake again. (This is a good idea for other problems as well by the way.)
I have rendering issues.
- You may want to try a lower lambda value (5 or 10) in the rendering dialog.
- Alternatively you can manually fix the optical flow with slowmoFlowEdit, a short tutorial is here. This is often a good solution if you are sure that you want to use a clip of your video and need to remove some errors.
I get flow builder errors.
- If the optical flow files cannot be built with flowBuilder: Are you running slowmoVideo in a VM? This usually does not work.
- If flowBuilder cannot be found, a) make sure that you compiled it (in the V3D directory), and b) make sure that the location to the binary is set correctly in the slowmoUI preferences.
If you have multiple video cards in your PC, one of them is the primary card. This one will be used by flowBuilder. If the primary card is an AMD card and the secondary an nVidia card, you will have to change them (physically), otherwise flowBuilder will not run.
How can I get rid of that GPU TV-L1 window?
Upgrade to slowmoVideo 0.3. If this is not possible:
- KDE: To kind of get rid of it in KDE4 you can add a window rule (in
systemsettings, menu point window behaviour) to always open it on e.g. desktop 4 so you can work on the other desktops without constantly losing keyboard focus. Set the window title to exactly match
GPU TV-L1 Optic Flow, and let the window be put on desktop 4 on initialization in the Geometry tab.
- Gnome: On Gnome chose «always on top» for the window you currently work in.
- Compiz: With Compiz follow this guide.
If you have a hint on how to do this on other desktops, please drop me an e-mail.
Sometimes my mouse freezes. Why?
This is when your GPU is doing heavy work and does not have time for updating the screen. Nothing dangerous.
What are those QColor::fromRgbF error message?
If your debug output is flooded with messages saying
QColor::fromRgbF: RGB parameters out of range
then this is a result of tiniest floating point inaccuracy resulting in:
These can be safely ignored.